Thursday, April 2, 2009

The Great Whole Wheat Bread Contest


I have been making bread almost every week for about the past year, but I have rarely used a recipe more than once. I keep thinking there is a better recipe, so I keep searching! Well, I want to be done with that - I want a recipe that is our family's bread recipe.

So, I thought I would ask for help and hold a little contest! Submit your favorite 100% whole grain recipe and I'll try them all one at a time, feature a recipe on here once a week, and decide on my family's favorite. The winner will get some yet-to-be-decided-on-super-cool prize!

You can either email me at thepachamama@gmail.com or leave the recipe in the comments.

Even if you know I have your recipe you need to submit it to me again to be eligible for the contest!

For the love of bread, please help us!

4 comments:

Ricki said...

I don't know if my recipe will count because I haven't actually had success with it, but it seems like it would be excellent if I could get it right! I can't figure out how to get my dough to rise in a cold house! I'll email you my recipe from the book, King Arthur Flour: Whole Grain Baking. You'll have to let me know how it turns out when done right. :)

Grossarths said...

I'm going to email you right now my whole wheat bread recipe. It turned out the very first time I tried it (this is a big deal since I never seem to get bread to turn out) and I've been making it ever since! What a fun idea.

Margaret said...

I'm so excited for you to do this! I'm always looking for a good whole wheat bread recipe. My problem is that I cannot get it to consistently rise. Maybe you could give some suggestions on this as well when you post.

Rebecca said...

I think you already have my bread recipe, (let me know if you don't), but it is the only one I have ever used, so I really have nothing to compare it to. We love it though, and I love that I use only whole wheat flour, not a combination of whole wheat and white. My kids love it and so we've been happy with it, but when you find a winning recipe, I'll have to branch out and try that one too!