Wednesday, July 29, 2009

The Yardarm

While in Nova Scotia we took a Pirate Ship Cruise around the Halifax Harbour. Fun times were had by all! Soon after we began the captain of the boat started swinging back and forth on the yardarm and then he asked if anyone wanted to give it a try. I thought he was kidding - but Doug went first and then my brother Jason, Grandpa Mike, my husband Jason, my sister-in-law Christie, my brother Mike, then me, and my sister Jessica.
Here's Jason giving it a try.
It took me awhile to gather up the courage, but I thought I might regret it if I didn't give it a go and I thought what's the worst that can happen - I go for a swim! It was pretty scary when I was in the middle of it!Jessica needed a little rescuing at the end - Jason grabbed her and kept her from going for a little swim!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

I have to say, I'm still not regretting not doing it!

The Super Seven said...

I'm with Sarah on that one, I don't think I would have done it, only in fear of a dip in the harbour. Looks like a fun time and I guess Doug has recovered even better then expected:) Hope that the trip home was fun....sorry I never connected with you, our week was crazy in the end!!!

Aaron and Angela said...

That looks like so much fun!