Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Morning Surprise


Joshua went to wash his hands this morning and found this lovely specimen. I got the biggest jar I could find to carry it outside - not because I am against killing spiders, I think that if they're in the house they're fair game - but this one was too big, I was afraid to squish it.

We are getting used to all the creepy-crawly things that come with country living. Yesterday I was cutting Joshua's hair out on the patio and he was freaking out that Eliza was playing with a bug, I told him not to worry about it, I didn't think it was a big deal. And then I looked at her and saw this little worm pinched between her fingers twisting its body every which way and then I freaked out! Eliza was laughing and thinking it was great. I was disgusted!

We are getting our first animals tonight. A couple of baby ducks to help eat the monster slugs and other bugs. Wish us luck!
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Honey said...

HOLY HUGE SPIDER - I would die!! I can do worms (so glad she didn't try to eat it!) but not big spiders. Wow.

Can't wait to see your ducks! How cool.

Linz said...

EEEKK!! That is a big spider! Good luck with the ducks!

Rose said...

I would have screamed, and closed down the bathroom, stuffing towels under the door... until Jared got home to squish it...! Although I once heard someone suggest super strong hairspray to stiffen the sucker up. Kudos to you for getting close enough to it to put it in a jar!

Sarah said...

It's really not that big, and if it's not hairy I don't worry too much. I usually just vacuum them up ... is that mean?

Margaret said...

Maybe island living isn't for me. Yikes.

Unknown said...

I am so impressed with you guys! That spider is a bit too large for my courage...hee hee awesome!!! Have fun with the ducks. Love you

Anonymous said...

Lovely cute ducks chicks carried by kid with having fun that remind me my childhood......

Janny

Cash Online Get Easy cash at your door step