Thursday, August 7, 2008

Waffles for Breakfast


Jason's parents sent us a bunch of stuff that we had left at their house when we moved from Denver over three years ago. I didn't expect to ever see any of it again, let alone the large box full of stuff that arrived this week (I don't know if Jason's parents read this, but if they do - thanks so much)! Contained in that box was our waffle maker that we had received as a wedding present, so the kids and I enjoyed waffles for breakfast today!

This is one of my favorite waffle recipes, it's from The Ultimate Southern Living Cookbook:

Out-of-This-World-Waffles

2 1/2 cups of flour (I use half whole wheat)
1 T plus 1 t baking powder
3/4 t salt
1 1/2 T sugar
2 eggs
2 1/2 c milk
3/4 c oil

Mix dry ingredients. Mix wet ingredients. Combine!
Cook in a preheated, oiled waffle iron until golden.
Makes 22 (4 in.) waffles.

It makes a lot, so we usually freeze leftovers and reheat in the oven.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Topsy said...

I love the ultimate southern living cookbook. Any other cookbook favorites - other than Joy - have that one too.

So glad you got some of your gifts back.

Sarah said...

Those look way better than the Raisin Bran I had this morning!

Honey said...

I want you to come and cook for us.

btw, do you have any good frozen dinner recipes? I'm thinking I'd like to start freezing some entrees soon.

Aaron and Angela said...

Yum! We love waffles! We will have to try this! You always have the best recipes!